Last week we presented you with kitchen styles (modern, contemporary, and industrial) for your home. Today, we highlight three more kitchen styles: traditional, transitional, and craftsman.
Traditional Kitchen Highlights
A traditional kitchen (photo at top of page) has timeless style with coordination and balanced lines, creating a warm and inviting space.
- Cabinets — raised-panel, full inset, framed, decorative, glazed finishes
- Countertops — marble, butcher block, quartz, granite
- Details — tasteful embellishments, arches, moldings, beams, decorative lighting
- Colors — neutrals, natural wood tones, crisp white
Transitional Kitchen Highlights
A transitional kitchen is the perfect balance of traditional design and contemporary style.
- Cabinets — raised-panel, shaker, recessed-panel
- Countertops — granite, limestone, marble, birch
- Details — few embellishments, texture, tile backsplashes, millwork, pendant lighting
- Colors — neutral, monochromatic
Craftsman Kitchen Highlights
Quality and function are what make craftsman style kitchens so desirable.
- Cabinets — flat-panel doors, simple glass panes
- Countertops — granite
- Details — colorful tile backsplashes, oil-rubbed bronze, brass, copper
- Colors — earth tones, rich woods