For most families, the kitchen is the heart of the home and a place for the family to hang out together. That’s why it’s important to find the right style to suit your lifestyle and tastes. Today we take a quick look at three distinct kitchen styles: modern, contemporary, and industrial.
A modern kitchen (photo at top of page) is bold, clutter-free and features sleek surfaces and sharp edges.
- Cabinets — bright white, sleek, functional, seamless
- Countertops — metal, unpolished granite, laminate
- Details — discreet handles, pull out drawers
- Colors — shades of white, hues of grey, silver
A contemporary kitchen is clean, minimalistic, geometric, asymmetrical, and features man-made materials.
- Cabinets — no decorative trim, simple, flat-panels
- Countertops — stainless steel, laminate, concrete, engineered quartz
- Details — horizontal lines, simple hardware, glass, recycled materials
- Colors — monochromatic colors, inclusion of one or more bold colors
An industrial kitchen is airy, utilitarian, salvaged, stripped-back, sophisticated, and raw.
- Cabinets — stainless steel, flat-panel, metal shelving
- Details — exposed brick, stainless steel appliances, wood beams
- Colors — grey, white, black, cool undertones, cold matte metals
- Countertops — wood, concrete, stainless steel